Is prior boat operating experience required?
Are dogs allowed?
What comes with the boat?
Is there a weight limit on the boats?
Do you provide captains?
Is fuel included?
Do you provide watertoys?
Can we beach the boat or do you provide anchors?
Do you rent Jet skis?
Are reservations required?
Do kids count as a full person?
How old do you have to be to rent a boat?
Is a boater's license required?
Will you deliver a boat to me?
Do you allow over-night/multi-day rentals?
Do you offer any specials or discounts?
Our most popular is our Mid-Week, 4th hour free promotion. This special applies to Monday – Thursday and excludes holidays (including July 2nd – 5th). If you plan to spend half the day or longer on the water, this is the way to go. If you plan to stay out for 8 hours (Mon-Thurs), you’ll receive both the 4th and 8th hour free.
We also offer a rewards program for our frequent renters called TCM R&R, which stands for “Rent and Receive”. The TCM R&R is designed to reward our customers who rent from us multiple times a year. Every hour* you rent, you receive 1 point, upon receiving 3 points, you get 1 free hour. These hours are bankable and may be used anytime* during the year.
* = See Terms and Conditions in the FAQ section below
TCM Rent & Receive(R&R)
What is TCM R&R?
* = See Terms and Conditions
How do I sign up?
How do I redeem my points/free hours?
Are there any minimums?
Can I use my sailboat points towards a free powerboat hour?
Can I combine my TCM R&R free hours with your specials?
What are the full Terms and Conditions?
- “following season” is defined as ending on October 1st of the year after the point(s) are earned.
- “Free” hour(s) received during our Mid-Week and Early Bird specials do not apply towards points.
- Fuel is not included.
- 1 full paid hour of rental gives 1 point.
- Partial hours will receive partial points of equal value.
- Free hour(s) are applied to the same boat type for which they were earned. Sailboat hour(s) apply to the sailboat, powerboat hour(s) apply to a powerboat of either size.
- 3 points are required to receive 1 free hour.
- Minimum of 6 points is required for the first redemption.
- Points may not be partially redeemed.
- Points may not be used on weekends (Friday – Sunday) or holidays.
- Points may not be combined with other families or groups.
- Points expire at the end of the following season.
- Points cannot be traded/exchanged for other goods or services offered by Tahoe City Marina.
- Points may not be exchanged for cash.
- A valid state or government ID will be required to redeem your points. The name on the ID must match the name on your TCM R&R account.
- It is the responsibility of the TCM R&R member to make the Tahoe City Marina employee aware of their enrollment in the program.
- Points will not be added for rentals done prior to becoming a TCM R&R member.
- Points may be immediately redeemed if all the requirements are met during a rental.
- Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Slips and Buoys
What is a buoy and slip?
Buoys and slips can also be known as moorings and berths depending on your region. Buoys/moorings are floats that you hook up to and are anchored to the bottom of the lake. They require a kayak, canoe, dingy, swimming, or buoy service access. Slips/berths are closer to the shore and have direct access via docks or walkways, they are parking spaces for your boat.
What is the difference between the private side and the expansion side?
The expansion slips are all owned by Tahoe City Marina and are leased out to renters. Most slips on the expansion side are annual rentals but they also have the option to sub-lease (through TCM) their slip if they will not be using it. Amenities included on the expansion side are locked gates, electricity, dock boxes and free wireless internet with no slip owners association fee. Our larger slips have easy access to pump-out stations and water from their slip while smaller boats will need to go to our fuel dock.